As many people already know, fire pits are a great addition to your backyard. From getting back out there with your social circle to increasing the resale value of your home, you should seriously consider a professional fire pit installation. Keep reading to learn about all the benefits of adding a fire pit to your property.
Enhance Your Social Life
To start, many people have had a hard time socializing after we had to quarantine. However, being social doesn’t have to be hard or scary. In fact, there is a perfect solution to get you back in your social circle without even having to leave your home. To be specific, we are talking about fire pits. In most cases, lighting up a natural fire in your backyard is a great way to have an outdoor gathering. Whether its our primal memories or the beautiful dancing flames, humans love to gather around a fire. Plus, if you feel like being social and want people to come over, all you have to say is “We’re having a bonfire tonight. Want to come?” As a result, you can be social again but from the comfort of your own backyard because baby steps.
Burns More than Wood
When most people think of a fire pit, they imagine wood burning. Although this is one of the most common types of fire pits, there are other options. Yes, wood fires are beautiful. And under the right circumstances, a fire pit that burns wood can be the perfect addition for your backyard. However, if you have neighbors that are a bit close to your home or live in a place with wood-burning restrictions, do not worry. Instead of using wood, you could opt for a gas or propane model.
Options for Fire Pit Fuel
- Natural Gas Fire Pit
- Pros: Since you only have to flip a switch to light a natural gas fire pit, you will use it more often than a different type of fire pit. Further, you have more areas where you can have a natural gas fire pit. For example, a professional can install this type of fire pit right on your deck, unlike a wood fire pit.
- Cons: Usually, a natural gas fire pit is more expensive than other fire pit options. Plus, the only way for this type of pit to work is if it is connected to an underground natural gas line. Thus, you cannot move a natural gas fire pit once it is installed.
- Propane Fire Pit
- Pros: Similar to a natural gas fire pit, a propane fire pit is easy to light. Plus, this fire pit is not dependent on an underground gas line. So, you can easily move it as desired.
- Cons: If you decide that you want a propane fire pit, you must monitor propane levels. And you’ll have to carry a heavy canister from your yard to the store for regular refills. In some cases, this type of fire pit could look a bit clunky. As a result, it’s more difficult to hide a propane fire pit. Thus, if you want to keep your fire pit more hidden, then this may not be the best option for you. Regardless of what you choose, it is best to have a professional fire pit installation as they can give you all the information you need to safely use a propane fire pit.
- Wood Fire Pit
- Pros: In general, wood fire pits are quite simple to build. Plus, there are many different price points you can choose from. Thus, they are affordable. Although you could build one yourself if you are DIY-savvy, it is best to have a professional fire pit installation to ensure the job is done right the first time. This will save you money in the long run.
- Cons: Unfortunately, wood fires pollute the air. Therefore, some areas ban or restrict this type of activity. Plus, when sparks fly out of the fire pit, you increase the chances of starting a fire wherever the sparks land. So, it is important to include a protective screen to reduce this risk. Once again, a professional will already know to do this. So, it is best to hire someone for a fire pit installation.
Natural Lighting in the Night
Although there are many ways that you can light up your landscape, natural fire is one of the best ways to do this. Plus, fires don’t just produce light. But they also produce heat that is greatly needed for those cold Georgia nights. As a result, you’ll even cut costs on electricity.
Great for Both Large and Small Spaces
Whether you have a huge back yard or a nice compact urban yard or patio, a fire pit will fit nicely. As a matter of fact, your new fire pit is sure to become the center of attention wherever you decide to have it installed. Further, if you have a big back yard, you could put the fire pit right in the middle. Then surround it with chairs and benches for a crowd.
Year-Round Outdoor Feature
From cold winter days to warm summer nights, a fire pit is a great outdoor feature. Since a fire pit is so versatile, you could either roast s’mores under the stars. Or in cooler months, you could sip hot cocoa while wrapped in a thick blanket right next to the warm fire.
Perfect for a Romantic Night for Two
Fire pits are great for more than just parties. In fact, a romantic night in your backyard with a roaring fire is a perfect and affordable date night. Further, you can add some wine to the mix as you sit under the stars next to a roaring fire with your partner.
Affordable and Cost-effective
In general, there are many different types of fire pits with a wide price range. If you want, you could opt for a simple fire bowl or DIY project. Or you may want an elaborate custom design that includes bench seating for you, your family, and friends. Ultimately, whichever route you choose, you are sure to find a fire pit option that fits in your budget. Plus, make sure to have it done by a professional. When you do this, you ensure the safety and quality of your new fire pit. Further, a professional knows the proper location to place your fire pit as well as any restrictions in your area.
Safety Tips for Your Fire Pit
- First, never place a fire pit beneath a tree or overhang.
- Second, make sure not to burn on “spare the air” days if your area has these.
- Third, keep fire pits at least 10 feet away from your home or other structures. In fact, some cities and counties have rules that require an even greater distance. However, a professional will already know this and install your fire pit accordingly.
- Fourth, inform your children about fire safety. Plus, you need to always supervise them when they are around an open flame, even if you know that they already know the rules.
- Fifth, do NOT put a wood fire pit on a deck. In general, a gas fire pit will not cause fire sparks to fly out of the pit. As a result, gas fire pits are a safer choice.
- Finally, always keep a hose, fire extinguisher, container full of water, or all three with you whenever you light up the fire pit.
Make Dinner with Your Fire Pit
Do you like backyard campouts? Make the experience even more authentic by preparing dinner over your new fire pit. Now, cooking meals over a wood fire pit is great idea with different methods to do so. For starters, you could place a grill rack over the open flames. Or you could wrap food in foil packets and place them in the fire with the coals. Once it is cooked, you just have to pull up a seat and enjoy. However, we advise against cooking meals over a gas fire pit.
Great Way to Make S’mores
As many people already know, a fire pit is perfect for making s’mores. Whether it’s your kids making them or kids-at-heart, we all know that this activity is great for all ages. So, since you have a fire pit right in your backyard, why not designate a day each week specifically for s’mores night?
Increase the Resale Value of Your Home
In general, adding any type of feature to your landscape is sure to increase the value of your home. According to a Houzz survey, fire pits are one of the most popular backyard features for those who want to renovate their home. In simpler terms, fire pits are hot. In fact, if you have an attractive, well-maintained fire pit right in your backyard, you are sure to attract potential buyers. But once you have your professional fire pit installation, you most likely won’t want to leave!
Hire a Professional for Your Fire Pit Installation
Now that you know all the benefits of a fire pit installation, you have the information you need to choose a company that is best for the job. From enhancing your social life to offering different burning options, natural lighting to versatility in locations, being affordable and more, a professional fire pit installation is a great addition to your home. Plus, you don’t have to stop at fire pits. In fact, there are a wide range of other features you could add to your property that would make your landscape even more enjoyable. For instance, Scenic South Landscaping and Design offers all of the following services:
- ATV Tracks and Trails
- Decks, Pergolas, and Gazebos
- Firepits, Fireplaces, and Chimneys
- Mailboxes, Planters, and Porches
- Plant Install and Design
- Professional Tree Services
- Renovations and Revamping
- Retaining Walls
- Steps and Walkways
- Water Feature
So, if you would like to add a fire pit to your property, Scenic South Landscaping and Design offers the best services to get the job done right the first time. Through decades of experience, we can give you the fire pit of your dreams. Plus, we can do more than add a fire pit to your backyard. Ultimately, if you can dream it, we can build it. Call us to get your quote today!